Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 05:13:10 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use ?

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 05:34:19PM -0700, Dilton McGowan II wrote:
> I just got a new VPS account and it came configured with popa3d.
>
> What is this?

It's a POP3 server, naturally.

> How do I add users and generally configure it ?

By default, popa3d serves mail out of the Unix users' mailboxes, and, if
it has been properly installed for a given system (this should have been
done by your VPS provider), it does not need any custom configuration, --
it just works.

If you want to be hosting multiple virtual mail domains, that will
require configuration.  The details of this are very system specific.
Your VPS provider might have setup something already, or they might not.

> Does it integrate with Webmin?

I'm afraid not.  At least I haven't heard of anyone having done that.

If you're going to simply let it serve the Unix users' mail, you do not
need any Webmin integration since there's nothing to configure.

> If this is not reasonably full featured POP3 server, is there another
> that someone would care to recommend?

There're plenty of POP3 servers out there, but I feel that it would be
pointless to make recommendations without knowing your requirements.

What features do you require from a POP3 server?

What VPS provider is that?  What OS?  If it's Linux, then what Linux
distribution?  What SMTP server software is pre-installed?

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598

Was I helpful?  Please give your feedback here: http://rate.affero.net/solar