Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:56:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: px <px@...oday.net>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Question on upgrading and saved messages on server.

Hello list..

I browsed the list archive and didn't find an answer to my question, so
here goes.

I've been using popa3d in a production environment for over a year now,
and the only issue i've ever run into was with upgrading.

We have a handfull of users who are too incompetent to properly manage
their e-mail, so they have to save a copy on the server for up to two
weeks.  Everytime I upgrade popa3d, it forces them to redownload all
e-mail that is saved to the server.  Is there a work around to this or
something that I'm doing wrong that is allowing this to happen?

It's becoming quite an inconvenience, because even if I send an e-mail out
1 hour before I upgrade the server letting people know what will happen,
they still call me off the hook asking what happened.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

TIA,

Jason