Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:23:46 +0200
From: "Wallmander Jonathan" <jonathan.wallmander@...sultant.volvo.com>
To: <popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Question

Hey everyone,

my home system is setup like this -

each user has its mailbox files (spool) in /www/[user]/mail/spool
and in there there is one file per account that the user can specify via a visual admin tool.

I currently use akpop3d which doesn not work on OpenBSD like it should - it locks up
without quitting in several common scenarios so I'm looking for a replacement.

Now, the pop3 server should read a file at a custom location that looks like this:

user:pass:userid-to-setuid-to:path-to-mailfile

could look like this:

foo_bar:abc123:6000:/www/foo/mail/spool/foo_bar

The reason for this:
All mailbox files are owned by user id 6000 which is https - so that the files
also can be manipulated directly by the web server for fast webmail.
Also the files are in each user's account - one of the design-goals of my
architecture - makes it easy to just make a tarball out of the user when
moving to another server.

My question is - can this be done with popa3d???

Regards,

Jonatan Wallmander