Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:28:14 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for popa3d software developers

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 06:30:40AM +0200, Jan Rusnak wrote:
> popa3d don't set pam_item RHOST (remote host) for pam library during
> authentication process.  It may be good idea pass client ip address
> to pam library. I use pam auth module pam_listfile for different
> behavior of authentification for some users depends from client ip address.

Your vote counted.

>         if ((status = pam_set_item(pamh, PAM_RHOST,
>                         (void *) inet_ntoa(client_addr))) != PAM_SUCCESS) {

There's no client_addr variable in the official popa3d, and there's
no generic way to obtain the client IP address that would work with
all setups.  Of course, I can still implement it for popa3d's
standalone mode, for running directly from an inetd, and for running
under recent versions of stunnel (which set REMOTE_HOST environment
variable).

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598