Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 02:43:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Log / Client IP Address

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:41:53AM +0600, Boris Kovalenko wrote:
> Have tried in the form:
> !popa3d
> *.*      /var/log/popa3d.log
> too but got only username and number of messages loaded/deleted/left. No
> other info :( pop3d 0.6.2 on FreeBSD 4.7

I just don't get it.  Are people unable to read?

I'll repeat:

If you start popa3d other than in standalone mode, it's your other
software (inetd, tcpd, or whatever) which is responsible for logging
connecting IP addresses.  (In your case, it means that such log
messages _won't_ have "popa3d" as their ident, and thus won't be
caught by the above rule.)

If you start popa3d in standalone mode, it does all the logging by
itself.

--
/sd