Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:01:11 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Log / Client IP Address

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:16:27PM -0300, Imagenet - Daniel C. Brilho wrote:
>     I'm running popa3d, version 0.5.9, from inetd, on a Slackware 8.1.
>
>     See my inetd.conf:
>
> pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
> /usr/local/sbin/popa3d

In a setup like this, it's TCP wrappers ("tcpd") which is supposed to
do the logging.  Actually, it very likely does log connections, -- you
just need to find out where it directs that information (syslog
facility/priority and the file they're routed to in /etc/syslog.conf).

Alternatively, you may just run popa3d in standalone mode in which
case it'll do the logging itself.

>     I have read the INSTALL file, but it didn't help to much.

Did you read the one included with 0.6.2 like I've suggested?  I've
edited it since 0.5.9 specifically to clarify this logging setup.

--
/sd