Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:41:16 +0500
From: Boris Kovalenko <boris@...net.ru>
To:  popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Possible memory leak?

Solar Designer wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:35:18AM +0500, Boris Kovalenko wrote:
>
>Hi,
>

>>I wonder Due adopting I have found that we are allocating memory for
>>virtual_spool in virtual.c/virtual_userpass function but can't find
>>where we free the allocation. This is memory leak bug or I misunderstand
>>something?
>>

>This memory is really not freed anywhere, but the spool path may be
>needed for almost the entire lifetime of the process from that point
>on anyway.  So this is not a bug, this is intentional.

Hmmm... What to not do it in pop_root.c? For example with this type of code

#if !POP_STANDALONE && !POP_OPTIONS
int main(void)
{
        int rc;
        if (do_pop_startup()) return 1;
        rc = do_pop_session();
        if(virtual_spool != NULL)
           free(virtual_spool);
        return rc;
}
#endif

Also, the same code we may use in standalone.c when fork'ed. Isn't?

Boris