Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:54:45 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: popa3d[28669]: Didn't attempt authentication

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:47:35AM +0100, Michael Meyer wrote:
> Mick wrote:
> > Not surprisingly, the client he uses is Microsoft Outlook.
>
> which version of popa3d? perhaps you should try to update to
> popa3d 0.6.2.

Yes, but this isn't related to the "problem" Mick is experiencing.
There has been no such bugs.

Mick, -- I am wondering why you had to setup the iptables rules to
catch this, don't you log IP addresses connecting to popa3d with your
[x]inetd, tcpd, or popa3d itself (if in standalone mode)?  If you
don't, then this is what you need to fix first.  I've updated INSTALL
included with 0.6.2 to be a little more verbose about how to approach
this.

--
/sd