Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:08:29 -0800 (PST)
From: phaser-X <px@...oday.net>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: simple question?

Hi,

I just installed gentoo on this box the other day (previously ran
mandrake) .. Today i compiled and installed popa3d v0.6.1 .. It works, but
I can not get it to work with xinetd.d ..

If i run /usr/local/sbin/popa3d, it accepts my username and password, list
shows all my emails, i can read, delete, etc..  But once i create
/etc/xinetd.d/pop3, restart xinetd.d, telnet to the listen address port
110, i get connection refused .. Here's what my xinetd.d/pop3 file reads:

--- begin

service pop3
{
	socket_type	= stream
	protocol	= tcp
	wait		= no
	user		= popa3d
	server		= /usr/local/sbin/popa3d
	port		= 110
	disable		= no
}

--- end

Am I missing something??

I'm running:

Linux 2.4.20-gentoo-r1 #7 Fri Feb 28 10:56:11 PST 2003 i686 Pentium III
(Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Thanks,

Jason