Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 19:16:13 -0400
From: "Denny O'Breham" <obreham@...il.com>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Keeping old passwords

 I don't think they should provide protection to me (but I'm
questioning the goals of Google in that case), quite the opposite.  I
hate when a website owner thinks for me and assume all sort of things
(like telling me what characters should be in my password).

If someone chooses a 4-character password, you can tell him his
password is not safe.  But if he wants to keep it, let him.  If you
suspect suspicious activities, you can tell the user.  But don't lock
him out of his account and ask him to jump through all sort of hoops
to regain access.