Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 16:56:46 +0200
From: "e@...tmx.net" <e@...tmx.net>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Real world password policies

On 10/27/17 16:02, Arnold Reinhold wrote:
> Here’s what Harvard requires:
[skip]

Cornell forbids spaces in passwords
(which itself makes me WORRY about the treatment they give to passwords,
do you get it?)

and Google's policy is POLAR OPPOSITE to the MS's policy
(i wrote it in my major article on passwords)

> Perhaps we need a website of silly password requirements.

there are no good policies (see the MS vs Google example)
they are not possible at all.
well, except one: make your password longer
so that all policies will end up on your website, and it will get flooded :)