Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:17:33 +0000
From: "Zielinski, Bruce C" <bruce.c.zielinski@...o.com>
To: "passwdqc-users@...ts.openwall.com" <passwdqc-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Solaris issue...

Hello,
               I have an issue using passwdqc in a NIS (YP) environment.  Using only flat files, the tool works perfectly (Thank You!), but even if NIS is specified in the nsswitch.conf file, I get a Permission denied right after if verifies the password.  I am running on Solaris 9 (but I've tested it with the same results on Solaris 8 and 10).  I've tried version 1.2.2 and 1.0.5 and get the identical results.  The password portion of my pam.conf file is identical to the wiki page entry.  I sent this out a couple of days ago, but got no response... Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Bruce C. Zielinski, CISSP
Lockheed Martin