Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:11:51 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-owl@...fooze.de>
To: croco@...nwall.com
CC: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MySQL w/cmake: anyone tried packaging for Owl?

On 09/03/2013 12:01 PM, croco@...nwall.com wrote:
>I replaced my make
> install with

> SEGMENTS="Client Server IniFiles ManPages SharedLibraries"
> SEGMENTS="$SEGMENTS Development Documentation Info Readme"
>
> # FIXME: the cmake crap doesnt know how to install into DESTDIR
>
> for segment in $SEGMENTS; do
>     cmake DESTDIR=%buildroot -DCMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT=$segment -P cmake_install.
> cmake
> done
>
> unset SEGMENTS
>
> in the hope it will do something new.  It didn't: my build failed at
> exactly the same point with exactly the same problem.

you are right, this doesn't work anymore for mysql 5.6, it seems.
( i didnt notice when i updated the package )

i can confirm tho that it worked with the following version:
http://downloads.mysql.com/archives/mysql-5.5/mysql-5.5.28.tar.gz

it turns out, that with 5.6.11 it works just fine with
make DESTDIR=foobar install
(rest of buildscript stayed the same, only the segments part removed)

now i'm trying to figure out how i can prevent it from install its 10K
tests eating 180MB of hd space.