Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:01:56 +0400
From: Mikhail Shiposh <netsferato@...il.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
CC: gremlin@...mlin.ru
Subject: Re: OWL 2.6.18.348 and postfix distro.

On 05.08.2013 14:58, gremlin@...mlin.ru wrote:
> On 05-Aug-2013 14:47:44 +0400,  misha shiposh wrote:
 >
 >> Good day guys, but i am tormented by one question, why in
 >> Owl-current 2013/04/08 for 32-bit x86 we have old postfix distro ?
 >> I mean postfix-2.4.15-owl2 Maybe the new versions of postfix are
 >> unsecure? Maybe i should stay on old version postfix-2.4.15-owl2?
 >
 > The postfix-2.4.15-owl2 was checked and patched by our team members
 > and is supposed to be a little more secure. Newer version weren't
 > (yet).
 >
 >> What's the difference between postfix-2.4.15-owl1 and
 >> postfix-2.4.15-owl2 ?
 >
 > Try looking at the changelog... :-)

Ok,

>> For info,  http://www.postfix.org/announcements.html Already have
 >> Postfix 2.10 stable release.
 >
 > You are welcome to try it. However, you may also prefer not to use it
 > for the user-accessible /usr/sbin/sendmail, but install something
 > like msmtp instead:

You know, for me it does not metter what to use sendmail or something
else. If you say that msmtp is better and more secure, so ok i will use it.

Can you tell me, maybe your postfix team can take a look at new version
and make it little more secure too? And i hope that ldap/mysql modules
will be there on next release?

I use owl as mail relay at least on 4 server and 3 organizations. And
Updating owl with all packages makes difficult, because i must rebuild
every time postfix.

Truly yours,

Mikhail /netsferato

Content of type "text/html" skipped