Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:40:34 +0400
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ppp_mppe

On 16-Jun-2013 02:07:35 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

 > A user of Owl reported that "modprobe ppp_mppe" fails with
 > "No such device" and no easy way to find what's missing.
 > Here's a sequence of module loads that actually works:
 > modprobe arc4
 > modprobe sha1
 > modprobe ppp_mppe

Building mass storage and network support stuff as modules
is a very bad idea...

 > If anyone in here is aware of a quick, easy, and obviously
 > correct fix for this that we could apply, let us know.

config PPP_MPPE
       tristate "PPP MPPE compression (encryption) (EXPERIMENTAL)"
       depends on PPP && EXPERIMENTAL
       select CRYPTO
       select CRYPTO_SHA1
       select CRYPTO_ARC4
       select CRYPTO_ECB

// (q) /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/Kconfig :-)

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>
GPG key ID: 0xEF3B1FA8, keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net