Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:46:37 +0400
From: misha shiposh <netsferato@...il.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Strongswan IPsec netlink int.

Yes, you are right!

as I see, when IPsec loading it show plugin list that are loaded:
     loaded plugins: aes des sha1 sha2 md5 random x509 pkcs1 pkcs8 pgp
dnskey pem openssl gmp hmac xauth attr kernel-netlink resolve

but, as I see this list on the working PC with strongswan I see that there
are some more modules loaded
    loaded plugins: aes des sha1 sha2 md5 random x509 revocation
constraints pubkey pkcs1 pgp pem
openssl fips-prf gmp xcbc hmac attr kernel-netlink resolve socket-raw
stroke updown

So, I tried to reconfigure strongswan with --enable-socket-raw without
success,
manipulation with socket options passed without success...
Strange situation because rebuilding strongswan going without errors...

strace log in attach..
**
Thanks,

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Vasily Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>wrote:

> Hi Misha!
>
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:22 +0400, misha shiposh wrote:
> > Good day, guys!
> >
> > Can anyone help me with start working correctly strongswan ?
> >
> > Cannot understand how to dig the problem with netlink interface. Always
> > the same error in logs:
> >      received netlink error: No such file or directory (2)
>
> Can you run strongswan under strace and show strace logs?  It should
> show what syscall has failed (socket, I guess).
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Vasily Kulikov
> http://www.openwall.com - bringing security into open computing
> environments

Content of type "text/html" skipped

View attachment "trace_log.txt" of type "text/plain" (28949 bytes)