Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 17:45:19 +0400
From: misha shiposh <netsferato@...il.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: software raid with device busy status

Good day, guys!

I was wander, if there are any faq or guides of how to totally destroy raid
array?

In my case I'll trying in a virtual sandbox to emulate this thing, without
success...

After I create software raid 1, I'll try to delete it with the following
steps:

Also this raid is root for my os,

first delete one of disk
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --fail /dev/hda1
mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --remove /dev/hda1

then if I try to stop array md0 it says that it's busy.... no wonder...
then I'll try to boot from removed disk and after that totally removing
raid.

and no success!

stopping raid says it's busy, other way trying to delete the second disk
without any result because of device is busy...

is there any way to totally destroy raid ?

Thanks!

Content of type "text/html" skipped