Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 16:42:03 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New kernel

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:00:35PM +0400, а х wrote:
> I`m trying to build new kernel from sources.

What is your reason to build from source rather than use our RPMs?
(Building from source is no problem if you prefer.  I am merely asking.)

> ~/sources/Owl/packages/kernel/patch-308.4.1.el5.028stab100.2-combined.xz |
> patch -p1 -T
>
> As I see it`s last patch? And there isn`t more new one?

This is the version we currently use, yes.  However, please don't forget
that we also apply the Owl patch on top of this.

> Anyway I`ve got error when compiling:

This suggests that you did not apply the Owl patch (from our native
tree).  Please do.  This is mentioned in the instructions on the wiki.

Also, please start with our dot-config-* (the appropriate one) and make
your desired config changes relative to that (keeping most other
settings intact).  (Maybe this is what you were doing already.  I just
thought I'd remind.)

Alexander