Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 04:09:15 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Any plans for dhcp client support?

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 10:15:21AM +0200, F. W wrote:
> Are there any plans to include dhcp client support by default?

Yes.  Two privsep'ed implementations were mentioned on owl-dev.  We need
to package one of them.  Probably ndhc:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/owl-dev/2011/05/03/7

Since you say "by default", I assume that you're aware that you
currently can enable DHCP client support at your own risk by editing one
line in dhcp.spec.

# We do not officially support the DHCP client because it is rather
# complicated, yet it runs entirely as root, which we find an
# unacceptable and unjustified security risk.  If you enable this
# setting, then you're essentially running your own revision of this
# package, and you're on your own with possible vulnerabilities.
%define BUILD_DHCP_CLIENT 0

Alexander