Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:50:00 +0200
From: Piotr Meyer <aniou@...tek.pl>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: software RAID; disk partitioning

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 04:17:42AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

> Example disk partitioning schemes for Owl:
> http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/disk-partitions

Interesting. My approach is similar, I use following schema:
/    - first primary partition, 3 to 10GB (depends)
swap - second primary partition
/var - third partition or LVM, 10GB to max, depends from services
/srv - fourth partition or LVM, if I need extra space

I have questions about Your schema:
- why swap as first partition?
- why /space and not /srv or /home?

--