Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:09:05 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: update from cvs

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 12:37:50AM +0400, Anatoly Pugachev wrote:
> well, docs (at http://openwall.com/Owl/BUILD.shtml) and your
> instructions suggest to use 'build' user, but my freshly owl openvz
> install (from owl-current-20100323-x86_64.tar.gz template) have
> sources:sources as owner for /usr/src (and below), so 'build' username
> can't create any files in it's $HOME directory.

Oops.  You've just reported a bug in the OpenVZ container templates.
Thank you!  The bug is not present in Owl "host systems" installed from
our ISOs (with those, /usr/src/world has user "build" as its owner).

> Do we need to change docs so they will tell to use
> 'sources' username instead of 'build' now?

No, it's not so simple.

We'll likely fix the bug in "make vztemplate", so the next set of
templates will match the ISOs in this respect.

Alexander