Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:29:17 +0300
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@....openwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: updated contrib package: PostgreSQL 8.2.1

Hello,

I've uploaded an updated (alternative) package for PostgreSQL 8.2.1 to
ftp.ru.openwall.com/pvt/galaxy/Owl/contrib/ .  The spec file of this
package is highly tweaked to allow users to rebuild the package flexibly
without changing the spec file itself.

This package should be considered as an alpha package.  I expect to
release another update soon.  One of the missing features is the control
script for PostgreSQL (this script will allow to grant/revoke rights
to/from DB admins on the PostgreSQL data directory).  The additional
testing is needed before this package leaves the alpha stage.

During the packaging I have contacted the PostgreSQL developers several
times and some bugs (mainly in the documentation) were fixed.  More bugs
were spotted and need to be fixed/reported.

--
(GM)