Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:50:12 +0100 (CET)
From: Bernhard Fischer <fischerb@...cher-ing.de>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: groff and fake-libs

Am Mo 12.12.2005 11:18 schrieb Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:06:08AM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> > The current groff package still requires libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3.
>
> No, it does not.
>
> Maybe you were updating a system where the installed groff required
> that
> library?  If so, NEED_FAKE=yes should have been set by installworld.sh
> (it's set on all updates of existing systems).  I have no idea how you
> managed to run into a problem with that.

I'm using the current iso-image as my base system, but i exchanged all
RPMS whith those from the mirror. It turned out that my groff package
(groff-1.17.2-owl2.i386.rpm) from my package-pool was an older one (same
version but from Dec. 14. 2003). Version and release nerver changed
since this date. Because of that, my package-pool got invalid.

Sorry for making a lot of fuss ... but now my own mirror is uptodate ;)

Thanks
Bernhard