Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:54:40 +0600
From: damir bikmuhametov <boco@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Owl -> SATA only i386 machine

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 02:54:15PM +0600, damir bikmuhametov wrote:

> Is there any way to install Owl on an i386 machine that has only SATA
> IDE drives? My SATA controller (it identifies itself as "Silicon
> integrated Systems" during bootup) is not recognized by the Owl
> kernel that is shipped with the latest Owl ISO.

Thank you all for the replies. I've done this by installing Owl onto
IDE HDD, recomiling kernel with the libata and scsi_sis modules,
booting off that kernel, and installing Owl from HDD.

I couldn't boot off FDD cause there is no FDD on my machine and I
couldn't do insmod due to unreferenced symbols.

Anyway, your replies have pushed me in the right direction. =)

--
boco