Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:00:41 +0200
From: Ruslan Radvansky <ruslan@...l.lviv.ua>
To: Galaxy <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Rpm updating bug?

Hello Galaxy,

Friday, December 10, 2004, 12:13:42 AM, you wrote:

G> On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:51:48PM +0200, Ruslan Radvansky wrote:
>>

>> Sorry, downloading of all rpms is to expensive for me and I check1ng
>> "teoretically". I not trust that "make installworld" solve my problem.

G> Yes, it will solve it! There are a lot of magic around Owl's
G> rpm 4.2 in native/Owl/build/installworld.sh. Just look inside and
G> you will find how database upgrade is performed.

 I was investigate installworld.sh and I not found where rpm upgrade
 performed :(

 1) Because it is not CDROM, my system's rpm is used (3.0.6 of course)
 2) in middle of script
  log "Rebuilding RPM database"
  $RPMD $RPM_FLAGS --root $ROOT --rebuilddb || exit 1
  NEED_FAKE=yes
  we rebuild database, but because using my system's rpm, database
  upgrade is not performed.
  I not found any other command, that can be interpret as database
  upgrade :(