Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:11:21 +0700
From: Ihsan <ishobr@...daweb.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Creating /tmp/.private/root (Owl-current problem)

I want to upgrade my Owl server to Owl-current (after glibc+gcc upgraded) today. 'make installworld setup' work as expected. I did it remotedly, ROOT=/owl.

After 'chroot /owl' I found that some programs didn't work, such as
patch. patch complained about can't create /tmp/.private/root/xxxxxxxxx
no such file or directory. (I want to install some non-Owl packages (by
root) before rebooting and make /owl partition as root)

I did 'ls /tmp/.private/' and there is nothing there. How to create
/tmp/.private/root folder?

FYI, When I did it by other user, like sources, folder
/tmp/.private/sources created as expected.

TIA
Ihsan