Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 04:43:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Malware on the list ;)

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 04:48:12PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Sorry can't resist...  Just got this in response
> to my last message to owl-users.  Note the sender
> address (both envelope and header) and message
> origin - quite "interesting" too...  Nothing to
> do with Owl per se, but quie funny and related
> to this mailinglist... ;)

Well...  Yes, it's a misconfigured mail server of an owl-users
subscriber.  Apparently, their antivirus treats all unrecognized file
types as viruses and the bounce messages have the mailing list's
address as From: and envelope-from.

I've identified the subscriber, but am not sure what to do now.
Just unsubscribe them?

This does not result in a bounce for those who don't post attachments.

--
/sd