Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:29:41 -0500
From: "Steve Bremer" <steveb@...coinc.com>
To: <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.4.26-ow1, 2.0.40-ow1; new Owl ISO; Owl 1.1-stable

Hi,

>> However,
>>and I'm still trying to find an answer to this myself, it may be that
>> kernel that is compiled without CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not
vulnerable.

>Unfortunately, it does not appear so.

Thanks for the confirmation SD.  I was hoping kernels without mcast
support weren't affected since it's an mcast related option where the
bug occurs.

Steve Bremer
NEBCO, Inc.
Systems & Security Administrator

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D