Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:47:55 +0600
From: Dmitriy Litovchin <dali@....ru>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: popa3d + syslog

Hi!

In current versions popa3d uses DAEMON facility to
log to SYSLOG. It is quite inconvinient, 'cause
by default, all DAEMON.* logging goes to /var/log/messages
and it is filled with popa3d's connection messages.
As for me, I changed the default log facility for popa3d
to UUCP. It may be useful for somebody - just to have
a way to remove all popa3d's talking from /var/log/messages
and to have it in single other place...

PS: OWL - great distro, thanks guys !!!

Best regards,
  Dmitriy Litovchin (LT137-RIPE)
  NTP VTI Ltd, a Business Technics Group company
  Omsk, Russia
phone (3812) 23-33-77, 23-52-77, 23-17-03
fax   (3812) 24-43-11
e-mail: dali@....ru