Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:19:29 +0100
From: "Berend-Jan Wever" <SkyLined@...p.tudelft.nl>
To: <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: dhcp client

> In native/Owl/packages/dhcp/dhcp.spec, you can set BUILD_DHCP_CLIENT to 1.
> Then "make".
- Is that "make buildworld" or can I simply make the dhclient by itself ?
  (if so, what's the command to build one single package like dhcp ?)
- Does "make buildworld" put the built binaries in /bin, /sbin, ... ?
  or does it create rpms to be installed with "make installworld" ?
  or are they put in one dir, to be copied to more usefull dirs manually ?
  (I couldn't really find that out by looking at the Makefile and scripts.)

> This is disabled by default and not officially supported because this TODO
> item has not been completed (in fact, we haven't even started at it):

Well, unfortunately my ISP requires me to use DHCP to get an IP address on
the local network. Also, I have to install PPPOE to reach the internet.
Which brings me to my next question: Which PPPOE client would you recommend
?

Cheers and thanks in advance for answering all my n00b questions ;)

SkyLined