Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:42:38 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: A few questions

Justin,

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:05:11PM -0500, Justin Heath wrote:
> I just installed Owl (current) an have a few questions. Where can I find
> an errata for bugs/security issues? On this note I do see a "Change Log"
> section that does have some Security fixes noted. It does note various
> levels of the security fixes listed such as "none", "medium" etc. Are
> these levels of the security fix defined somewhere?

I've been meaning to document those vulnerability severity ratings,
but so far there're only some past owl-users postings which should
give you an idea:

	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=owl-users&m=102483083112416
	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=owl-users&m=103500145412728

> Also, I see a few
> mailing lists mentioned on the web page, is there an archive of these
> somewhere I can browse/search through?

Actually, there's only one mailing list mentioned on the web page and
it's owl-users.  The other e-mail addresses mentioned are not mailing
lists.  You may browse owl-users archive on MARC:

	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=owl-users

We do have more mailing lists, but those are internal to the project.

> Any other advice for getting started with Owl?

It depends on what else you're looking for.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598