Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 05:49:16 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: stmpclean problem

Hi,

This is Bcc'ed to the author of stmpclean.

I've confirmed the problem.  Unfortunately.

stmpclean simply expects to see absolute pathnames on its command
line, such as /tmp.  When it receives a relative one instead, it
interprets it relative to the root directory, not the current one.
A rather unfortunate behavior.

We'll think if we can quickly enough come up with a fix better than
refusing to work with non-absolute pathnames.  (stmpclean cd's to /
before starting the work not without a reason.)