Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:05:11 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Current ISO images

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:25:31PM +0400, Lunar wrote:
> 1. I see in current ISO ftp://ftp2.ru.openwall.com/pub/Owl/current/iso/
>
> Owl-1.0-release-i386.iso.gz ->
> ../../1.0-release/iso/Owl-1.0-release-i386.iso.gz
>
> but this old version , or current iso not exist ?

I haven't been generating current ISOs for a long time now.  You're
right in that it's time to generate one, or to make another release.
If the release will be getting delayed much further, I will probably
put out a new current-based ISO image.

But I don't see this as a major problem.  It's trivial to update to
current right upon installing 1.0 off a CD.

> 2. A you planed include  RBAC in Owl ?

I'll assume you mean RSBAC.  The short answer is: yes, but not soon.
In my opinion, it makes little sense to integrate RSBAC when there's
still so much room for improvement within the traditional Linux
kernel's abilities.

But I know that some people are currently using Owl with RSBAC.  We
even included a patch in our "dialog" package needed specifically for
rsbac-admin.

--
/sd