Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:26:21 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Site for my SRPMS, was: Spec guidelines

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 10:28:01PM +0100, Maciek Pasternacki wrote:
> So, the first one is out -- it is CVS (someone asked for it lately).

OK, although I don't entirely understand why you did it when you don't
include any patches at all.  The cvs 1.11.5 .src.rpm off cvshome would
just build on Owl with not a single change (rpminit; rpm --rebuild ...).

Anyway, someone else has already contributed a slightly more complete
cvs package (but there's still more work), we'll be bringing the topic
to owl-devel.  Let me know if you'd like to join that discussion.

> If I find some time, I'll try to patch cvs to make it not need root to
> run an anonymous-only pserver -- I really didn't like the way it is
> now.

It doesn't need root for that, why would it?

> The Web page is http://leeloo.moo.pl/srpms/ , there is also anonymous
> CVS access (check out Owl/SRPMS from repository
> :pserver:anonymous@...loo.moo.pl:/home/CVS).  Note that leeloo
> definitely is not a high-availability server; there might be problems
> with Internet link or it just might go down some day (though I don't
> plan such event within the next few months).  But for now, enjoy!

I'm sure others will find this useful, especially as you add more
stuff.  I too have some non-public packages built for Owl, but I'd
rather not release mine as people would have quality expectations
which I didn't try to meet.

--
/sd