Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:28:43 +0200
From: Janusz <januz@....uni.torun.pl>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: tftp -- suggestion please

> Why do you avoid *inetd's by so much?

As I said before, I use daemontools to control my services.
Thay's why I was looking for such a tftp server, that could cooperate
with DJB's tools (running in foreground is important here).

I had some problems with xinetd. Actually, don't know what was more
guilty: xinetd or tftpd. But it did not work correctly in my case(s).

What is more, it was the only service run off xinetd.
Tcpserver, obviously, won't work with tftp.

Thus, standalone mode appears to be some solution.

Janusz