Date: 13 Nov 2001 19:06:41 +0100
From: Piotr Synowiec <mysiar@...sky.pl>
To: OWL LIST <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: POWER OFF PROBLEM SERIOUS

hi

once again poweroff problem

it is not hardware related.

PC-1	machine working with Owl
PC-2	machine for testing

1. I did install minimal Linux SuSE 7.2, power off works perfect on PC-2
and PC-1 (just swapped HD)

2. check HD with Owl from PC-1 on PC-2, poweroff didn't work

3. copied kernel and modules from SuSE 7.2 to Owl PC-1 boot the system
	PC-1 poweroff didn't work and PC-2 poweroff didn't work either.
4. I did even copy halt binary from SuSE 7.2 to Owl and still nothing.

Honestly I'm lost and do not have a clue what so ever what might be the
problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rgds

Piotr