Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 11:20:23 -1000
From: cpb@...ny.log2.net
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: perl-5.8 Local-Time test may need 2020 fix

Hi, there is a minor problem with the Time-Local tests in Owl's Perl build. It is a well-known Perl bug caused by the arrival of the year 2020. It was fixed in CPAN in 2018.

CPAN 124787: https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=124787

Debian 915209: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=915209

The bug has many other names and is easily fixed. I just disabled the test.

You probably know about it already, but I wanted to mention it just in case Owl gets any more fixups.

Owl is still great and useful to me, thanks again for the distro and the other stuff that Openwall does.

Chris Bopp, Honolulu, Hawaii