Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:02:00 +0300
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libnss tests

Solar,

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:58:42PM +0300, Solar Designer wrote:
> On i686, it gets farther (and there's no "Testing Initialization" in the
> log), but then it brings up an HTTP server on INADDR_ANY 9073/tcp and
> seemingly with no access restrictions (a security risk for the build
> machine) and starts sending plenty of requests there.  After a long
> while, a process locks up, which looks something like:

I was building NSS with tests enabled on both i686 and x86_64 and I do
not release packages if they fail tests on my building machine.
However, I agree that the test suite of NSS is fragile and unsafe.

I made the default not to run tests on the libnss build, but will work
on fixing the test to bind to the loopback interface only.

--
(GM)