Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 20:19:45 +0400
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recent updates

On 12-Jul-2014 18:57:13 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

 > Longer term, perhaps we'll need to setup some new machine for
 > official builds that will be always on, if that will allow
 > someone else on our team (maybe you) to be making those builds.

Here and now I can offer two VZ containers (x86-32 and x86-64) on
one of my servers (Core i7 975). They aren't heavily loaded, so I
also use them for package building in my own separate containers
(they are build-{i386,x86-64}.gremlin.pvt.openwall.com well known
to our users, and my FTP server resides in a nearby container).

The only problem is the IPv4 addresses shortage there, but it may
be solved with SSH listening at some other port. Also, I have a
plenty of IPv6 addresses :-)

Another option is to use my servers for pre-official builds and
perform official builds (with signatures, etc) somewhere else -
in a really trusted environment (most of my servers are located
in a datacenter, so some unpleasant people could gain physical
access there).

 >> Currently, the 'make installworld' procedure has not been
 >> addressed, i.e. it's likely broken. This is the only part
 >> (as far as I know) that left to be fixed. I'm working on it.

Most of `make installworld` issues are easily fixed by splitting
the installorder.conf lines. Some lines fail, but they are likely
to succeed on a next iteration.

Should I step in to do that, or you'd like to do that yourself?

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>
GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net