Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:13:06 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recent updates

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 05:20:09PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> Great!  This is on 32-bit only, right?  We still haven't coordinated
> with you on your access to a machine for the 64-bit test rebuilds.

Since you were busy I purchased a dedicated server (1230v2) to do x86_64
builds from LimeStone Networks.  I'm currently doing the builds of the
x86_64 userland.

> That's life.  Two or four more rebuilds (i686 and x86_64, maybe repeated)
> aren't that difficult to do.

Well, this is not the full testing I had in mind :).  I was testing that
the updated userland can be built consequently from the original
Owl-current till the point of getting the system updated.  Well, we can
jump the queue here, I guess.  It would mean that whoever what to build
from sources will need to do a binary update first.

> That's how it looks from your perspective, but for me it was preferable
> to include these minor updates before the branching point.

I did not intend to offend you (sorry if I did).  I was just concerned
that I will have no time to commit my changes.

> Understood.  I'll plan to approve your commits before the end of this week.

Great!

--
(GM)