Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:58:12 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: gcc 4.8.2 is ready for commit

All,

I've also updated the GCC package to 4.8.2.  'make buildworld' works for
i686 with the following packages having issues due to the fact that I'm
running kernel 3.13 with its headers installed:

bridge-utils	(something in IPv6 stuff, perhaps it's my configuration)
dhcp		(there is no linux/if_tr.h in 3.x kernel series)
iptables	(this one was too old for 3.x, so I updated it to he lates
		and it builds properly now)
net-tools	(we really need to get rid of this old smelly stuff :) )
syslinux	(the original package builds fine with 2.6, but I needed
                some new functionality, so I updated it to the latest).

I did extensive tests of everything I built so far using gcc 4.8.2 and
it looks OK, however, I'd really like to commit it so more people could
test it.

--
(GM)