Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:51:19 +0200 (CEST)
From: Gilles Espinasse <g.esp@...e.fr>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PIE on x86_64

----- Mail original -----

I borrowed the patch from HLFS too, but that was against gcc-4.5.1 (and use that with gcc-4.4).
You could find that at http://ipcop.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ipcop/ipcop/trunk/src/patches/
Patches come from http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/gcc/

Gentoo has a hardened gcc patchset for any versions:
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/src/patchsets/gcc/

> Some binary files in $PATH still miss DYN Type, will fix this too.

On the files that my distrib ship, only ldconfig is not DYN.

Gilles