Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 00:47:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: tcsh updated

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:58:28PM +0400, gremlin@...mlin.ru wrote:
> ftp://ftp.gremlin.people.openwall.com/pub/linux/Owl/SRPMS/tcsh-6.18.01-owl1.src.rpm
>
> Changes:
> 1. Dropped obsolete patches, including -owl-tmp, as tcsh uses mkstemp() now
> 2. Recreated other patches
> 3. Re-enabled color output for built-in `ls-F`
> 4. Introduced the /etc/skel/.tcshrc file
> 5. Moved most settings from /etc/csh.login to /etc/csh.cshrc
>
> I use it as a primary shell, and now I really like it.
>
> Any objections against commit?

I am currently 100% busy preparing the JtR 1.7.9-jumbo-6 release, which
will be the very first one to include CUDA and OpenCL support right in
the tree.  I intend to return to Owl tasks after that, and I have a
backlog of what I think are higher priority Owl tasks as compared to,
say, updating tcsh and procps.  Yet I appreciate the contributions and
we will need to make these updates as well.  So can we revisit this in
early July, please?  Meanwhile, I downloaded the .src.rpm above just to
have sort of a backup copy of it, but I haven't looked at it yet.

Thanks,

Alexander