Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 19:37:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Pavel Kankovsky <peak@...o.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gcc 4.6.1: glibc .cfi_endproc issue (was: gcc 4.6.1:
 glibc __sincos() issue)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:

> ../sysdeps/generic/initfini.c: Assembler messages:
> ../sysdeps/generic/initfini.c:123: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive
> ../sysdeps/generic/initfini.c:123: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive

As far as I can tell there should be no .cfi... directives in initfini.s
because the structure of crti.S and crtn.S is messed up too badly for them
(functions are torn apart and the first half goes to crti.S while the
other half ends in crtn.S).

It appears -g0 was sufficient to suppress CFI in pre-4.6 GCC.
Try adding explicit "-fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm" to $(CFLAGS-initfini.s).

--
Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak                          / Jeremiah 9:21        \
"For death is come up into our MS Windows(tm)..." \ 21st century edition /