Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 16:47:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: kernel 028stab089.1

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 10:58:04AM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 05:24 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> > To avoid a possible misunderstanding: the kernel in 3.0-stable should be
> > exactly the same as -current's.
>
> I'm a bit confused with a word "exactly".  Do I understand you correctly
> - we need not only the kernel update, but also config files changes with
> added/changed config options?

Definitely.  Some of those changes were to fix reliability issues, so we
must get the fixes into 3.0-stable, and some others are just nice to have.

> And we don't need ping sockets in 3.0, do we?

As I mentioned in here earlier, I'd like to get most stuff that we
committed into Owl-current so far, into 3.0-stable.  About the only
major exception is the OpenSSL update and some of its related changes.

So I literally mean "exactly the same" as it relates to the kernel -
including ping sockets.  The only 3.0-stable specific work to do on this
update is editing of CHANGES-3.0-stable.

Alexander