Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 11:32:54 -0400
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: backdoor in upstream xz/liblzma leading to ssh
 server compromise

Lasse published a statement at <https://tukaani.org/xz-backdoor/>.

> Someone asked what would become of xz as a project. I do hope in light
> of this event, some people step in to help.

Perhaps Lasse should turn over control of the project to an entity
like the Linux Foundation. Xz is critical to Linux now, and it needs
more oversight than Lasse can provide. (Not to impugn Lasse; he seems
to be very busy. Extra [trusted] helping hands would probably be
welcomed).

Jeff