Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 05:15:09 +0100
From: "Rein Fernhout (Levitating)" <me@...itati.ng>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>, Andres Freund <andres@...razel.de>
Subject: Re: backdoor in upstream xz/liblzma leading to ssh
 server compromise

Hey Andres,

I missed the fact that you had already stated which version the .o was
from.
Thanks for clearing up some confusion on my side.
I did copy the wrong file (linked with crc64_fast.c).

I now managed to copy ./liblzma_la-crc64-fast.o before it was deleted.
With both versions my copy matches yours.

Also, I am sorry for not compressing the file earlier! I realized it
just as I hit Send.

PS. It seems like Github has taken down the xz repositories.
The source can still be pulled from https://git.tukaani.org/.
And the malicious tarballs are archived by archive.org.

Kind regards,
Rein