Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 21:43:06 +0800
From: "Alexander E. Patrakov" <patrakov@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux-distros membership application of openEuler

Hello Alexander,

Thanks for the summary that you posted. I have read it carefully and
found a phrase, "an isolated one application like that so far", that
effectively says that this legal issue regarding communications to
sanctioned entities is *new*. Could you please recheck that it is
indeed the case? The question formally arises because there are Alt
Linux representatives on the list already, and I do not know if there
are US sanctions against them. To any Russian lawyers that might want
to jail me because of this question: go away, this question is not to
be interpreted as my endorsement of any sanctions.

Also, Igor has communicated an important note about the mandatory
disclosure of vulnerabilities to the Chinese government. Therefore, a
question arises: is the Chinese government the only one that requires
this? Can existing list members certify that they do not have any
requirement placed upon them by the applicable laws to disclose the
postings beyond what is permitted by the list policy - i.e., "at
anywhere beyond the need-to-know within your distro's team"?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov