Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:44:55 +0000
From: "W. Wadepohl" <w.wadepohl@...teo.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux-distros membership application of openEuler

Heiko Schlittermann wrote in
>   |And adhere the spirit of Free and Open Source (as far as I understand it),
>   |that there is no instance that can judge about political, ethical,
>   |religious issues. Free means free. Open means open.
I acknowledge that linux-distros list is not free as in freedom. The
members of linux-distros mostly do business in the U.S. and therfore
they have to comply to the rules of the U.S. This rules does not honor
the freedom of the open source community. They exclude parts of the free
community.

That's sad and they do not support the concept of freedom on whose
foundation the open source community is built.

BTW: As I exlained some times ago, the most instances of GNU/Linux are
NOT distros, but embedded systems. The embargo of security information
to these developers makes the internet more insecure. Maybe the European
CRA will change something in the future.

I'm not happy to get information about security vulnerabilities/fixes
with a time lag where my tenthousends of IoT devices are vulnerable.

--
Wolfram Wadepohl