Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:18:42 +0200
From: Heiko Schlittermann <hs@...littermann.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux-distros membership application of openEuler

Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de> (Mo 16 Okt 2023 10:08:50 CEST):
> Regardless of your viability of subscription status I think we also
> (sadly) have to consider current geopolitical issues here.

No, we should not consider anything else than technical/security
restrictions here.

And adhere the spirit of Free and Open Source (as far as I understand it),
that there is no instance that can judge about political, ethical,
religious issues. Free means free. Open means open.

> As far as I understand, US companies and US citizens are not permitted
> to work with Chinese organizations and/or Chinese nationals.

Any member of the list is free to unsubscribe for whatever reasons.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)